Friday, April 17, 2015

Here's a horse story. I enjoy riding horses. In this picture I am riding Chili Pepper to The Lakes. When I was about 9, I began praying for a horse. My mother from her youth was a horseman and had many stories to tell of outriding some of the boys in High School, and herding cattle. She rode horses of necessity, while being raised in a wild untamed mountain valley in the Rocky Mountains. However, after getting married, she owned no horse for several years. Mother acquired Smokey, a Shetland Pony, for Christmas the year I turned 9; he was a dappled sort of brown with cream colored flowing mane and tail. My older sister decided to give him a Dutch haircut with Mother's fine sewing shears one summer day while Mother was in town shopping. Mother about blew up when she noticed that Smokey looked like a little Dutchman with his mane cut straight across, above his eyes. We should have bought him some wooden shoes to complete the look. Mrs. Tuttle's story can be found in, "Oh Mother! Oh Father! 1947-1967" on www.Amazon.com/author/tedi Tedi Tuttle Wixom, co-author, 410 p. 200+ photos. @tedibooks on Twitter, Pinterest, and "Tedi" on FB, tedibooks.com new eBook website